Lagos Edition: Staycation Spots in Lagos That Will Take You Abroad
A weekend staycation should be one of the first new travel habits you develop in the new year. To help you decide, we’ve compiled a list of the top 7 staycation spots in Lagos. All you have to do now is choose one and get going!
Staycation Spots in Lagos
Love Turks & Caicos? Try Jara Beach Resort
Jara is Nigeria’s top all-inclusive oceanfront beach resort, located in Museyo, Lagos, near Eleko Beach, about an hour from Lekki Phase 1. This all-inclusive resort is quickly becoming Lagos’s most popular, as it includes your lodging, three meals per day, soft drinks, most alcoholic beverages, and access to resort facilities at the price of your reservation.
Here’s how your rich experience will unfold: Check into one of the six beautifully appointed en-suite guestrooms just in time for lunch, an international classic with a twist. Watch the sunset while sipping a sundowner on the beach; your dinner will rotate between a three-course menu and a BBQ feast, and the day will end with a campfire drink at the fire pit.
A cup of coffee on your ocean-facing balcony will help you wake up to the sound of waves from the Atlantic Ocean. Jara offers savings for numerous nights and is ideal for individuals, couples, or families looking for enjoyable activities like volleyball, table tennis, darts, board games, and sand games such as French ball. Please visit www.jarabeachresort.com for booking information.
Do you adore Santorini? Well, have you visited Sencillo Lagos?
Another good staycation spot in Lagos will give you a Santorini vibe. This ultra-modern beach house is an exquisite three-bedroom residence with en-suite bathrooms that are rented as a whole to guests. The beach home is located in Ilashe, 30 to 45 minutes by boat from Lekki Phase 1, and provides the ideal respite from the city’s hustle and bustle.
If you like the vibe of Santorini, you’ll adore the ambiance at Sencillo, which features white walls, flooring, and an outdoor swimming pool with blue water. Every guest at Sencillo has a beautiful ocean view from their balcony, beachfront access, and a lounge area where they may relax, play snooker, or table tennis. Sencillo also has an outdoor Jacuzzi, Sand, and Fire Pit and creatively built Sunbeds and Cabanas for relaxing by the pool. Quad Bike rides are activities that can be pre-arranged with your reservation.
Do you like Tulum, Mexico? HOV Beach Resort is a good option.
This six-bedroom oceanfront beach house has a rustic charm ideal for unwinding and unplugging in Tulum, Mexico. HOV Beach resort is located in Ilashe, 30 to 45 minutes by boat from Lekki Phase 1 and is rented as a whole and exclusively to visitors. From the brown wooden panels to the rustic interiors to the thatched roofs, this beach property’s rustic-inspired décor is one to cherish. The beach home provides visitors with the option of self-catering in the kitchen or pre-ordered meals. The lounge is a terrific location to hang out with friends with a view of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony.
Outdoor bar, swimming pool, sunbeds, volleyball, outdoor grill, and quad bikes on request are among the amenities available at this hotel. Please visit https://www.instagram.com/hovbeachresort for booking information.
Do you have a soft spot for Rwanda? Try Lakowe Lakes Golf & Country Estate
Lakowe’s fascinating natural surroundings, shrouded in lush foliage and with a lake view, will make you feel as if you’re in a resort on Lake Kivu, Rwanda. Lakowe Lakes Golf & Country Estate is a perfect vacation for singles, couples, families, or corporate teams and is located in Lakowe, 30 to 45 minutes by road from Lekki Phase 1.
This golf estate features a wonderfully built 18-hole golf course that is one of West Africa’s most pristine. Balinese-inspired cottages with breakfast in bed, holiday leased lofts with self-catering options, and business lodges with a conference center, banquet hall, and boardrooms are available at Lakowe.
Golf Course Tours, Golf Clinics, Pedal Boat Riding, Fishing, Cycling, Garden Games, and Spa Services are available to guests. Please visit www.lakowelakes.com/ for additional information on reservations.
Staycation Spots in Lagos: Make your day-offs relaxing!
Even though the times are longer, they appear to fly by when you’re at the reception. Projects and housekeeping can eat away at your valuable free time. Don’t let your summer vacation go away from you!
In Lagos, the short-let apartment provides collective housing and extended-stay solutions for business travelers and those looking for a place for parties such as birthdays and get together. The apartment stays provide home-like accommodation for travelers who won’t settle for the impersonal atmosphere of the usual hotel. And it takes it to stay with the services you would expect from a hotel. Get to enjoy and relax with your kids here in a short-let apartment in Lagos! Here are some ideas for a fun staycation in Lagos with your kids to enjoy every single moment.
- Put the children accountable for the schedule. Let your kids help choose the activities and write them on a printable calendar page.
- Get the maximum amount outdoors as you can! Picnics, parks, and bike rides are great for affordable outdoor fun. So lather thereon sunscreen, grab a hat, and acquire outside!
- Have a water balloon toss competition. See how far apart you’ll be able to get as you toss a water balloon back and forth.
- Have a bonfire, complete with marshmallow roasts and campfire songs!
- Take a ride on general public transportation. Most major cities have some form of commuter, trolley, or bus system that may even be accustomed to seeing the town’s sights.
- Do a water play day. Activate the sprinklers, founded an error & slide, fill water balloons, squirt guns, a kiddie pool- use whatever you have got available to cool down off on those hot summer days.
- Make playdough.
- Take up a hobby. Learn about woodworking, wilderness survival skills, cooking, photography, or videography.
- Have a dress-up day. Only for fun, get everyone all dressed up in “nice” outfits, whether or not it’s only for a visit to the local train museum or library.
- Persist a regional nature walk. Study plants and animals, or make stone rock piles (cairn).
- Play a golf game. Make it interesting by holding a contest for the fewest hits, most hits, and the craziest hole in one.
- Host a barbecue. On most days, it’s too hot to cook indoors, so benefit from the nice and cozy weather and awaken that grill!
- Keep a photo diary of all of your summer fun by snapping photos of all the places you visit. Even trips to the neighborhood park are merit sharing with family and friends on Facebook. Use an app like Flipagram (iOS) to show your staycation photos in a video.
- Go bowling. Make it interesting by using some funny bowling ideas: Bowl sort of a T-Rex or bowl with socks on your hands. Find more ideas here and here.
- Go paddleboarding or kayaking.
- Go fishing.
- Have a family movie night. Have a go at it upright with popped popcorn, dimmed lights, or even let the kiddos make movie tickets and find a concession stand.
- Choose a drive. Hop within the car, crank up the tunes, and try the local sights. For even more fun, head out late within the afternoon and watch the sunset from somewhere new.
- Differently to own fun reception is to begin and finish a puzzle. Placed on a number of your favorite music, grab some cold drinks and luxuriate in its slow reception.
- Go geocaching. It’s like local treasure hunting using GPS. It’s super fun-free, and there are treasures (geocaches) worldwide.
Having a staycation in Lagos can improve health and mental health, boost the family’s relationship, and improve everyone’s ability to do activities. A short-let Apartment in Lagos will also make each day joyous and free.